Facing difficulties with citing dissertation MLA
The MLA style of referencing is generally used when writing essays for the liberal arts and humanities subjects. If you are not familiar with it you will find this style of referencing very difficult. There are a complex set of guidelines you will need to follow, if you are facing difficulties with the mla format dissertation here are some detailed guidelines from thesis helpers to assist you.
- Type your paper on white paper in a standard format of size 8.5 x 11 inches.
- You should use double spaced typing throughout the paper. v
- The suggested font type should be Times New Roman.
- The size of the font should be 12 pt.
- You will need to indent the first line of each paragraph using the tab key and not the space key.
- All pages should be numbered in the corner of the top right side of the page.
- Long titles should be written in italics.
- You should include the endnotes on a separate page before the Works Cited page.
- Unless you are requested to do so by your supervisor, you should not include a title page.
- You will need to list the following in the corner of the top left hand of the first page: Your name, your instructors name, your course title, and the date you completed the paper.
- You should centre the title and it will need to be double spaced.
- Do not write the title in quotation marks, underline it, or italize it.
- Do not write the title in all capital letters, it should be written in title case.
- All other sources referred to in your paper should either be put in speech marks or italics.
- You should double space the first line of the title and text.
- If you feel as if the quality of your documents readability will be improved you can create section headings.
- You should number each section using an Arabic number, e.g. 1,2,3,4.
Your ability to follow referencing guidelines when writing your dissertation is essential. You will have marks deducted if you demonstrate that you are unable to reference effectively. To avoid being penalized, you should make sure that you follow the guidelines carefully. Prior to submitting your final draft have your tutor read over your work to ensure that you haven’t made any errors.
It is also advised that you use a reference tracking software, due to the size of a dissertation you are likely to use hundreds of references. The software will ensure that you include all of them for the mla format dissertation.
The reference section is a very long and tedious process, you will have to be the most meticulous during this stage to ensure that nothing is missed out. It will also help if you mark every page that you took a reference from so that you have a guide to work with if it appears that there are any missing.